When user runs Hosting Controller setup; Instructions Guide automatically opens which guides user on each step of the installation. For installing it on Exchange server, make sure HC is installed on server that runs Hub Transport role.
Flash tutorial for HC installation, Link
Note: Adobe flash player must be installed on machine to view it.
Hosting Controller Configuration after Installation:
After the installation is complete, login to HC panel using HCAdmin account and follow these steps.
1. Go to Server Manager :: Global Setting > Enable Mail Server role and select Exchange Server in the list
2. Add Server in HC Panel from Server Manager :: Add Server on next screen select Mail Role and configure Exchange Services.
3. In order to communicate HC panel with MS Exchange Server we require to run HC Remoting Service (in services.msc console)
with a user which should be a member of [administrators, Domain Controller, Domain Admin].
You can add a new user for this task. See detail instructions from this article.
4. Create a "Reseller" in HC panel which is mandatory to create Mail Domains and Webadmin (Domain Owner) from User Manager :: Add User.
5. Now login in HC panel as Reseller and create hosting plan(s) which will be offered for end user, Hosting Plan :: Add Plan.
6. To create mail domain, mail boxes, Public folder, Distribution Lists etc. Go to Tool :: Exchange Manager
Here is HC Exchange Manual Link.