When a user runs the Hosting Controller setup; Instructions Guide automatically opens which guides the user on each step of the installation. For installing it on the Exchange server, make sure HC is installed on a server that runs the Hub Transport role.
Flash tutorial for HC installation, Link
Note: Adobe flash player must be installed on the machine to view it.
Hosting Controller Version 9 Configuration after Installation:
After the installation is complete, log in to the HC panel using the HCAdmin account and follow these steps.
1. Go to Server Manager:: Global Setting > Enable Mail Server role and select Exchange Server in the list
2. Add Server in HC Panel from Server Manager:: Add Server on next screen select Mail Role and configure Exchange Services.
3. In order to communicate HC panel with MS Exchange Server we require to run HC Remoting Service (in services.msc console)
with a user which should be a member of [administrators, Domain Controller, Domain Admin].
You can add a new user for this task. See detailed instructions from this article.
4. Create a "Reseller" in the HC panel which is mandatory to create Mail Domains and Webadmin (Domain Owner) from User Manager:: Add User.
5. Now login in HC panel as Reseller and create hosting plan(s) which will be offered for the end user, Hosting Plan:: Add Plan.
6. To create mail domain, mailboxes, Public folders, Distribution Lists, etc. Go to Tool:: Exchange Manager
Here is HC Exchange Manual Link.