Question: Why I am unable to activate my license key on my server?
Answer: In case of activation failure, Hosting Controller has a 15-days grace period, after that it is not functional until it is re-activated. Adding a license key activates the license. This Serial Key is obtained from the Internet at the Hosting Controller web site at http://hostingcontroller.com/Store/Store.html.
What are the common reasons of failed license activation?
Check for the reasons given below, if you get error "Error: 70900330: License information could not be updated." on saving your serial key in HC panel:
- The server is not connected to Internet: Before entering your license key, make sure that the server is connected to internet and you can browse any site on your server.
- The license key was already activated: If the license key is already activated then you will be notified upon entering the license key in ‘Settings’ utility. You need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org in this case.
- The license key is blocked: If the license key is known to be pirated or cracked then you will be notified upon entering the license key in HC panel. You need to contact email@example.com in this case.
- The license key was not registered: If the license key is not found in central authentication server's database then you will be notified upon entering the license key in HC panel. You need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org in this case.
- The serial key entered is not a valid key: If the serial key entered is an invalid key this means that the License key was not purchased from http://HostingController.com website or from authorized reseller and it's a fraud license key.
- Allowed website limit in license is exceeded: Make sure the existing number of websites created through HC on that server does not exceed the total websites allowed in the serial key. e.g. In case of 100 domains license, the existing number of Any of DNS, Mail Domains, Databases (MySQL + MSSQL) on that server created through HC shall not exceed 100. If 100 domains license is activated on HC database server, then total number of click and install applications installed on the whole cluster through HC panel shall not exceed 100.
- HC remoting service is halted: Restart HC Remoting service from Start :: Run :: Services.msc (Hosting Controller Remoting).
- Proxy is enabled : If proxy is enabled to run internet on the server then following command should be run from command prompt on the HC Control Server :
netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie
After this run open HC Portal URL in browser on the HC Control Server and then activate HC license.
- Error : 70900330 : License information could not be updated: This happens when there is a connectivity issue between HC DB (SQL) server and the server (which you are unable to activate). Open RegisterServer.exe file located at path X:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\Applications. Click on Register to make sure it is connected successfully. In case you see an error it means there is a problem with the communication which needs to be fixed by giving correct credentials. To verify credentials and connectivity you may also make a test ODBC DSN. In some cases when SQL is on remote machine SQL server port needs to be mentioned in SQL server name along with instance name i-e SQLServer\SQLEXPRESS,1433
- Server status shows ‘Down’: In some cases license key does not get activated due to communication issue among servers within cluster. When Edit Server button under Server Manager is clicked, it throws error Error: 73400260: Unknown exception occurred while communicating with Remote Server in the Cluster. To fix this issue go through article "Server Status Shows Down".
- Linux server status shows ‘Down’: If problem is on Linux server then go through article "Linux Server Showing Down in HC Custer".