Hosting Controller releases Windows build18/Linux build 14. These builds provide fixes for issues which were reported in past few weeks. It is recommended to update HC7 installation on your machines. Visit Service Pack section to download latest builds.
Note: Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 must be installed on your HC server(s) prior to this installation. Moreover, this build will remove .NET mappings from the root of the web server as it is not recommended to have .NET mappings on the root of the web server.
Here is a list of some important bugs/enhancements fixed in these Builds.
BuildNo 7.00.0018: (Windows)
- Support for OS x64
- Microsoft Exchange Server Support with Distribution lists, Public folders
- Microsoft SharePoint Server Support (Beta Release)
- Improved database backup/restore operations. Now HC sends confirmation email upon the completion of these operations.
- Provide disclaimer for click and install applications.
- Provide an option to add additional database users for SQL and mySQL databases.
- Bug Fixed: Execute permission was not setting correctly in IIS for domain creation.
- Bug Fixed: Custom add-on was not being deleted.
- Bug Fixed: Related to ‘Preview invoice’ button.
- Bug Fixed: Related to IIS7/Windows 2008 Server where on domain creation HC panel was getting session out.
- Bug Fixed: Related to control panel access URL in account setup and domain creation email.
- Bug Fixed: Related to recurring invoice template.
- Bug Fixed: Error description was wrong if user did not have mysql quota in purchased plan.
- Bug Fixed: No invoice number was submitted to Authorize.NET.
- Bug Fixed: Related to domain registration using IE7 browser.
-Bug Fixed: Attacker can exploit the vulnerability by modifying host email address.
BuildNo 7.00.00014: (Linux)
- RubyOnRails Support
- No bug reported.
About Hosting Controller
Founded in 1999, Hosting Controller is a complete hosting automation solution for web hosts and cloud based service providers. It allows them to manage both Windows & Linux servers simultaneously as part of a single cluster. In addition to shared hosts, HC offers a full solution suite for hosted Enterprise Applications creating a shared multi-tenant environment for automatic provisioning of Exchange 2007/2010, BlackBerry, SharePoint, OCS and Dynamics CRM. It also offers a full automation solution for Infrastructure and Virtualization providers offering virtualized partitions on both Windows and Linux based servers through Hyper-V technology for Windows & Xen Hypervisor technology for Linux! Hosting Controller Inc. is based in Richmond, BC, Canada and has customers in 125 countries worldwide.
For more information about Hosting Controller Inc. visit http://hostingcontroller.com
or call +1 (604) 227-0272.