Question: When I try to enable ASP.NET I get this error: "Unable to Set ACL permissions on 'www' folder".
An ASP.NET application works as a virtual user called ASPNET that is similar to IUSR_Machinename, used by IIS to impersonate the anonymous user. If ASPNET user is not created on the server then it will result in error ¬Unable to Set ACL permissions on ¬www¬ folder¬.
To resolve this error, create ASPNET user.
To create ASPNET user, follow these steps:
1. Open Computer Management. To open Computer Management, follow this path Start :: Settings :: Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
2. In the console tree, in Local Users and Groups, click Users.
3. Click Action, and then click New User.
4. Type ASPNET in User name box and check "Password never expires" check boxes.
5. Click Create, and then click Close.