Question: Unable to create DNS zone using simple DNS plus with HC.
If HC is not creating DNS zones on local/remote Simple DNS plus machine, make sure about the following things:
- Login in HC panel as host admin.
- Go to menu Server Manager :: Edit Server :: DNS Manager.
*DNS Server path : It should be the path which is set in the simple dns for zone file data.
Example: c:\program data\jh software\simple dns plus\ZoneFiles
In order to use simple DNS Plus 5.x version with HC, you will need to follow below steps:
1. Go to HC registry path Start :: Run :: regedit :: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HostingController.
2. Right click on Hosting Controller and create new Key with name DNS.
3. Inside DNS key create a string value with name DNSRootPath.
4. Double click on DNSRootPath and enter Simple DNS Plus installation path
i.e. C:\Program Files\Simple DNS Plus.
Note: If you have multiple DNS server then follow above steps on them too.