Question: How to move HC Database or Master Server from one machine to other?
Following steps should be followed to move HC database:
- Take backup of HC database from SQL Server management studio.
- Take backup of ServerSetting.xml file from existing HC db server location X:\Program Files\Hosting Controller\INI
- Install HC on new SQL machine using Database Server option.
- Restore HC database backup
- Place ServerSetting.xml file in new HC sql machine location X:\Program Files\Hosting Controller\INI
- Open HC database table TblUserProp and modify IP address for entry " MasterServer"
- Modify HC database connection in existing HC cluster machines using RegisteredServer.exe file located in X:\Program Files\Hosting Controller\Applications
- Restart hcremoting service from Services Manager Start :: Run :: Services.msc.
Note: Please note the instructions No. 2 and No. 5 would apply only, if you are using the build prior of HC 9.10.