Question: Unable to connect Database Server during HC Primary or Subsequent Installation ?
Case 1: HC Installation on First Machine (Master Server)
If HC installer unable to connect the Database Server then it could be due to following reasons
Reason # 1: If SQL instance name is incorrect. For example you have specified <machine_name>\SQLEXPRESS as your SQL Server instance then you would require to use the same as Server Name during HC installation.
Reason # 2: If SQL is running in Windows Authentication mode, whereas HC installer connect database server using SQL Authentication. To enable SQL Authentication in SQL Server please check the screen shot
- Provide unique HC Database Name & DB login during installation
- We recommend to disable password must meet complexity option in Start :: control panel :: Administrator tool :: Local security policy :: Account policy :: Password policy
Case2: If you are installing HC on Remote Box (Subsequent Machine )
- Open SQL Server Configuration Manager and enable TCP/IP and Named Pipes.
- In same location SQL Server Configuration Manager enable SQL Server Browser service
- If firewall is installed on Database Server machine then allow following ports in Firewall Incoming/Outgoing rules.
8788 (HC Remoting Service)
8789 (HC Server)
1433 (SQL Server Port)
- Check if you can connect to SQL Database Server from remote machine using ODBC. If yes, then HC Installer must connect too.