Question: HC is throwing error "Unable to create database" on Linux.
Follow the steps to fix this error:
1. Login in HC panel as host.
2. Go to Cluster Configuration :: Manage Servers :: Edit Server :: Database Server.
3. Select the server which has MySQL role. (MySQL server should be properly configured on this machine)
4. Access Linux machine and connect mySQL server using following command:
# mysql –u root –p
5. Once you get connected to MySQL then execute following command:
# grant all privileges on *.* to root@localhost identified by "root-password",root identified by "root-password" with grant option;
# grant all privileges on *.* to root@Server-IP identified by "root-password" with grant option;
Root-password = MySQL root user password
Server IP = Linux Server IP address
For Debian Users:
In Debian by default MySQL can not listen remotely on local host therefore set 'bind-address' as machine IP in my.cnf file at this path /etc/mysql/my.cnf of Linux Server.