Problem: Error is thrown "Unable to update workflow settings, there are some workflows in use." upon changing the Approval Workflow Settings.
Reason: ExSign has devised an approval system where the Publishing of Rules by OU_Admin, Entity Admin users is always sent for approval to the users having the Group Membership of "Approval Managers" group. The "Approval Managers" Group can be added using the following steps:
- Login as GlobalAdmin User in ExSign.
- Add user having Approval Manager role from: Users >> Manage Users >> New User.
- Now in ExSign Portal Active Directory, the user will be added. (Note: AD Users that are member of this group, will be able to login using their UserPrincipleName and Password.
These Approval Manager Users are managers of the Approval Workflow Settings. So, if Workflow Settings already exist in ExSign, and there are Approval Managers assigned to these Workflow Settings, then in ExSign Portal, after navigating to System >> Workflow Settings, upon changing Approval Workflow Settings from Entity level to Organizational level or vice versa, ExSign displays an error message "Unable to update workflow settings, there are some workflows in use".
Resolution: If the above error is encountered, follow the steps listed below:
- Firstly, navigate to Workflows>>Manage Workflows After doing this, delete the existing Workflows.
- Navigate to Users >> Manage Users and delete any User with Approval Managers role assigned to it.
- Now, navigate to Rules>>Manage Rules. Ensure that Rules should be either Published or Not Published (Drafted).
4. If the Published Status of the Rule is In Process, then Approval Workflow Settings cannot be changed from Entity level to Organizational level or vice versa. See the below screenshot for clarity.