Question: What are pre-conditions for creating Virtual Machines with OSTemplates Stored in a Central Repository?
Answer: Following are the points to check, if creation of Hyper-V Virtual Machines are getting failed (using Central Repository) :
- HCAgent should be installed on Central Repository server. Follow this installation guide for further help regarding it.
- Firewall ports (8794 & 8795) must be opened on all these servers (Control Server, Hyper-V node, Central Repository Server)
- HC Provisioning Service must be in running state on all of the above mentioned servers.
- This URL (http://localhost:8796/virtualizationserverservice) should be browse-able on all of the above mentioned servers.
- IP Addressess of all these servers (Control Server, Hyper-V node, Central Repository Server) must not be blocked in firewall configurations and these 3 servers should be able to communicate properly with one another.
- Make sure that OS template is properly copying from Central Repository to temporary cache path on Hyper-V node which is configured in the panel. ( Note: It is time taking process and depends on the size of OS template VHD size and network data transfer speed ).