Question : I have installed Hosting Controller on Windows Server 2019 and while adding the server in HC Panel from menu : Configurations >> Manage Servers >> Add Server, an error is thrown OR I am able to connect any server where HC10 is installed except the machines where HC10 is deployed on a Windows Server 2019 machine.
Answer : If HC10 Primary or Agent installer are deployed on Servers with Operating System version as "Windows Server 2019" then HC10 does not connect to such servers. For resolving the issue, ensure that "HC Provisioning Service" is running under Administrator or Domain\Administrator account.
Given below is the procedure on how to run the service under the Admin credentials :
- Press the Win + R keys on your keyboard, to open the Run window. Then, type "services.msc" and hit Enter or press OK.
- Search for service named "HC Provisioning Service".
- Right click on "HC Provisioning Service" windows service and then click on Properties.
- Enter Administrator user credentials under 'This Account' option.
5. After updating Admin user credentials, restart HC Provisioning Service.
This shall resolve the issue of where HC is not connecting to the Windows Server 2019 connecting via HC panel installed on Windows Server 2019.
Note: This requirement of running HC Provisioning Service under Admin credentials applies only to Windows Server 2019. All other OS versions do not require this change.
If the problem still persists , please contact firstname.lastname@example.org