Hosting Controller supports both 1-Tier (Direct) and 2-Tier (Indirect) Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) partners. In order to accommodate an Indirect Reseller within the HC10 user hierarchy, HC allows a regular HC10 Reseller to act as a CSP Indirect Reseller for an Indirect Provider. This Indirect Provider is also configured as a user account in HC10.
The whole implementation is achieved by creating a Reseller account in HC and providing values for the following two unique IDs in its General Profile:
- Microsoft ID: Microsoft assigns a unique ID when you enroll in the CSP program. This is known as the Microsoft ID. If this ID is provided in HC10, customers will be associated with the Indirect Reseller. If not they will be associated with the Indirect Provider.
- MPN ID: MPN ID stands for Microsoft Partner Network ID. It is the ID that is assigned when you become a Microsoft Partner. If this ID is provided in HC10, subscriptions will be associated with the Indirect Reseller. If not they will be associated with the Indirect Provider.
Follow the exact steps below to add an Indirect Reseller in HC10:
- Login as Global Admin in HC panel and create an HC customer account of type “Reseller” by navigating to the menu page Panel Users >> Customers >> Add Customer.
- Once the Reseller account is created, go to its “Dashboard” from the Global Admin level or from within the Reseller interface and edit its General Profile (Panel Users >> Customers >> Dashboard >> General Profile).
- On the General Profile page, enter the “Microsoft ID” and “MPN ID” in their respective fields. This will link the regular HC Reseller account to the Microsoft CSP Indirect Reseller.
Note: The above two IDs will turn a regular HC10 Reseller into a CSP Indirect Reseller. In case both IDs are absent, the Reseller would function only as a regular HC10 Reseller and not as a CSP Indirect Reseller.