Question: How to configure LDAP Authentication for Control Panel user login?
Answer: In HC9.20 and earlier builds of Hosting Controller, the panel used to authenticate the users from HC Database inside SQL Server. Now with HC9.21 and forthcoming builds, the host admin will have a setting available at : Panel Configuration :: Configure Services :: Authentication Settings to authenticate the control panel users either from HC Database or directly from the Active Directory.
Authentication Settings Explained:
At host level from: Panel Configuration :: Configure Services :: Authentication Settings, you can select one of the Authentication types which are:
HC Database: If Authentication type selected is “HC Database” then all the users of HC panel will be authenticated by it.
Active Directory: If Authentication type selected is “Active Directory” then all users of HC panel will be authenticated by Active Directory.
In case of Active Directory, host is required to specify the details of Domain Controller and the Admin user credentials. Please refer to below screenshot for more information.
- Domain Controller: Specify the DC Name or IP which also should resolve properly.
- AD Administrator Name: Provide the name of Domain Administrator.
- Administrator Password: Provide the password of Domain\Administrator account.
- Confirm Password: Confirm the password of Domain\Administrator account.
- Verify Credentials: Verify Domain\Admin credentials.
- Users’ Root Organization Unit: The root OU in Domain Controller where all control panel users are stored.