As per the Microsoft recommendations and limitations given in the link, we are going to change the implementation of Public Folder Mailboxes for Exchange 2013 in HC. The changes are
- Public Folder Mailboxes will no longer be available as a resource in plan.
- Webadmin can no longer manage public folder mailboxes.
- Only Host can add/delete public folder mailboxes.
- Host can assign the public folder mailboxes to individual resellers.
- Resellers can further assign public folder mailboxes to their webadmins.
- At the time of the public folder creation, the webadmin can select from the assigned public folder mailboxes instead of creating a new one.
For Existing Customers
- After installation of HC build 9.10, all public folder mailboxes will be automatically moved from Organization’s OUs to a standard OU named “PF Mailboxes” under the Root OU configured in HC server settings.
- At public folder creation, if no pf mailbox allocated, all pf mailboxes allocated to associated reseller will be available to webadmin.
- If no pf mailbox is allocated to reseller, all pf mailboxes that existing under “PF Mailboxes” OU will be available.