Question: How to Migration a subsequent machine in HC Cluster on the new Server using RBX?
Below instructions applies to migrate Subsequent machine only and not apply for HC Master Server.
Steps listed below applies on both Windows and Linux subsequent machines to Migrate on new location.
- Install HC Win/Linux on new remote machine, add and configure it with the existing HC cluster, and make sure that it is working fine by creating the configured services i.e Websites, DNS, Mail Domains and Databases. This step is necessary to make sure that the new server is working fine within HC in order to avoid downtime during migration.
- After the confirmation that new machine is working fine in cluster, then delete this new machine from HC panel by navigating to the path Cluster Configuration :: Manage Servers :: My Servers at host-admin level.
- Run RBX backup utility on old (existing) machine which will take backup of HC data on this machine. Once the data backup process has been completed then move the backup directories on new machine.
RBX backup process guideline for Windows Server Link
RBX backup process guideline for Linux Server Link
- Open HC database table tblServers using SQL Server Management Studio, and change the machine name and IP address of old (existing) subsequent machine with the new server name and IP. Same process should be applied on the ServerSettings.xml file at path C:\Program Files\HostingController\INI on HC master server.
Note: It is strongly recommended to take backup of HC database and ServerSettings.xml file before any modification, to avoid any inconvenience later
- Now access HC control panel, You will see that all existing data will be associated to the new machine. Now configure the new server settings at path Cluster Configuration :: Manage Servers :: My Servers :: Edit Server at host-admin level.
- Execute RBX restore utility on new machine to restore all the data.
RBX Restore process guideline for Windows Server Link
RBX Restore process guideline for Linux Server Link
Find out detail about RebuildXpress and its features on this Link