Question: How To enable Remote Power Shell for HC in Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019 ?
Answer: As per Microsoft's recommendation Hosting Controller will communicate with Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019 using Remote Power Shell.
To start using HC with Exchange Server you would have to enable PS Remoting on Exchange CAS server (for 2013) and MBX server (for 2016) using the following steps:
- Run Enable-PSRemoting command in Exchange Management Shell.
- Enable BASIC authentication on Exchange PowerShell virtual directory in the IIS Manager under Default Web Site.
- Ensure that the user which you would use for credentials has “Remote PowerShell” enabled
a) get-user userName |fl RemotePowerShellEnabled
Note: userName = replace it with actual user name i.e Administrator
If the above cmd shows RemotePowerShellEnabled as False then execute the below command.
b) set-user Administrator -RemotePowerShellEnabled $True
c) If the account that is used to connect Exchange Server in the HC Panel is not domain administrator
then make sure to add it in a member of this role "Organization Management”
4. Winrm ports 5985 , 5986 and 443 must open in firewall for connections over HTTP and HTTPS
5. If HC10 Portal is installed on Windows Server 2019 operating system, then one must run the HC Provisioning
Service under local Administrator account as shown in the screenshot below.
To perform this change, follow the steps mentioned below :
- click on Start >> Run >> services.msc.
- Select HC Provisioning Service,
- click on properties and then specify the credentials of local administrator account of Windows Server 2019 machine under Log On tab.
If the issue persists then feel free to contact our support department by sending an email to email@example.com