Question: How to connect HC Linux manually with remote HC DB Server ?
1)Open your HC database and go to table tblRegisteredServers on your HC Database Server.
Precaution: Its always recommend to take backup of HC database before doing any modification.
2)Open this table and make entry of Linux machine as under:
- Registrationid: No need to modify.
- ServerName: Enter the server name of your Linux machine.
- ServerIp: Enter the server ip of your Linux machine.
- ServerType: Enter " Linux " as server type.
3)Login to your Linux server and follow steps given below:
- go to path /usr/local/hostingcontroller/etc
- open hosts.allow file enter the HC DB server IPs right under 127.0.0.1
- If you are using NAT then provide private and public IPs in same file hosts.allow
- save file
- Restart HC linux service using command “ hc8 restart “
4)Login in HC panel as host go to Server Manager :: Global Setting enable the linux roles in the HC cluster
5) In final step go to Server Manager :: Add Server and configure the new linux machine in HC cluster.