Question: Why should a user upgrade from any previous versions to latest version HC10?
It is highly recommended to keep latest version in order to receive new features and updates. Latest version HC10 is a Hybrid automation solution for On-premises and Cloud based service providers. It provides a platform designed to automate all the aspects of operating a service provider business including service provisioning, billing, metering, customer management and on-boarding of new services. Customers can provision and manage services in public Clouds like Office 365, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services and at the same time Direct and Indirect partners participating in Microsoft's CSP program can automate service provisioning of Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, CRM and Azure. Hosting Controller serves as a unified platform for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) delivery served off Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware ESXi hypervisors and a control panel for traditional web hosts to manage both Windows & Linux servers simultaneously as part of a single cluster.
Why to Upgrade
- The foremost of all reasons is that all enhancements and bug fixes are provided in HC10 and not in the previous versions.
- New integrations such as Exchange 2016, Skype for Business 2015, BlackBerry, Dynamic CRM, MS SQL Server 2016, ProFTPD FTP Server (Linux), MSFTP 10, Realtime Register, Exim Mail Server (Linux) and a whole list of other newly integrated softwares can only be found in HC10. Old softwares falling under the HC8 click applications category may harm the servers because of the bugs which are updated in HC10..
- Dedicated SSL support is now available with HC10.
- Now with HC9 you can create Customizable Auto signups according to the look and feel of your website. In addition an Open source Auto signup code is now available for HC9.
- Multiple Mail Server support is now offered with HC10, which has opened new avenues for Hosts offering more than 1 mail server to their end users.
- A Brand new and user friendly interface is now available only with HC10.
- Ability for webadmin to create websites on both Windows and Linux servers.
Additional Features Set
- Device friendly GUI: To make the panel usable on every device e.g. mobiles, tablets, desktop
- Asynchronous and partial loading of GUI components: To improve speed dramatically
Auditing and Logging
- Different Built-in Reports & Log file.
- Auditing & Data loss prevention
- Log Rotation Policies
3rd Party Authentication with SSO
- For example, to get HC authenticated directly through AD by writing an authentication hook and plug in
- Optional feature of token based authentication for implementing SSO
- Availability of programmable hooks to extend its functionality
New Solution – New Technology
- based on Microsoft Asp.net MVC
- A Latest Microsoft web application development framework with latest web standard.
- Test driven development to make the code & the use cases tested at initial stages and any broken functionality can be easily identified at development stages which makes the code more stable & less bug prone
- A GUI framework for responsive (device friendly) GUI.
- Microsoft WCF
- A latest communication framework by Microsoft to communicate HC master server to secondary servers.
- Multiple customizable protocols and their settings for different provisioning servers to improve security and efficiency.
- Multiple authentication mechanisms for secondary servers.
- Improved and Optimized for minimum response time,
- Actions: Search/Paging/Sorting
- Number of records: 100 thousand (Avg. completion time: less than 2 seconds)