Question: AWStats sites do not update. How to fix that?
Sometimes it's observed that the AWStats server stops updating stats of a website. This generally happens because of server level configurations and can be fixed with the help of below instructions:
1. Foremost it is recommended to install the latest build of HC, which is available at http://hostingcontroller.com/ddirect.html
2. The PERL installation path specified at HC host level at location Cluster Configuration :: Manage Servers :: Edit Server :: Web Server Setting, should be like C:\perl.
3. All unknown CGI/PERL extensions in IIS should be allowed underneath IIS --Web Services Extensions (only for IIS 6).
4. PERL Scripting should be enabled on this site through Scripting Manager
option available in your Control Panel.
5. Give "Everyone" user full permissions on Perl installation path i.e. C:\perl
6. HCSync. Service
should be running at all times because it is responsible for updating stats. You may reach it from Start :: Run :: services.msc
7. If Perl mappings are missing in the IIS then you can add below 2 extensions:
Extension = .pl
Executable = C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s
Extension = .plx
Executable = C:\Perl\bin\perlis.dll
8. Open the IIS Manager
and select the website facing stats site problem. Then navigate to Properties :: Website
and make sure that Enable Logging option is checked. Also make sure that Log File directory path is set as X:\Webspace\domain.com\log.
9. Go to IIS :: websites :: Hosting Controller site :: Logging :: click Select Fields Button.
Here enable all logging options except protocol sub status
10. The priority of the NIC to which the HC Primary IP is bound to, should be High.
You may view NIC priority from Start :: Control Panel :: Network connection :: right click :: Open :: Advanced tab :: Advanced setting.