Question: Unable to reset a user's password in HC?
Answer: Follow these steps to resolve this issue:
1. If Active Directory is installed in the server then set:
"Enforce Password History = 0 " from this location Administrator Tools :: Local Security Policy :: Password Policy
2. Make sure that "HCGroup" is added in member list of users in computer management/Active Directory.
3. If system admin tried to reset the password directly in the machine then this could break password synchronization between HC database and computer management, in such situation; host can forcefully reset the password by using following method:
• Open HC database table "tbleUSERS" (Note: It is always recommended to take backup before any further modification in HC database, incase anything goes wrong then HC support will not be responsible).
• Search for the corresponding user.
• Remove all the characters in encrypted format in password field and close sql server
• Change password from Computer management/Active directory.
Now login into HC panel with new user password.
Trouble logging in? Simply enter your email address OR username in order to reset your password.
For faster and more reliable delivery, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted senders list in your email software.