Question: How to resolve public folder creation error while enabling mail enable option in the Exchange server?
I can create Public Folder, but cannot create after enabling Mail Enable check box. Why?
The issue can be resolved easily by adding a new user in active directory domain and make this user member of the following security groups.
Members to be added are:
- Domain Admins
- Domain Controllers
- Domain Users
- Exchange Organization Administrators
- Exchange Public Folder Administrators
Once the new member is added in these security groups then go to Start :: Run :: Services.msc. Locate the HC remoting service, HC remoting service properties :: Log On. Give there user/password under the option "This Account" and click Apply. Now,
- Restart HC remoting service.
- Make sure that your Mail box server contains the public folder database and try to add Public Folder.
- Enable Debug logs for HCMail in HC panel at this path My Server :: Debug Settings.
- After that HC will capture log for any activity on mail server in its installation directory "/hostingcontroller/log folder".
- Try to create Public folder through HC panel, if you get the following error "Error occurred while adding public folder" then check log file for error details.
- You will see the error details in the Log file like "Cannot complete the operation because there isn't any available public folder database on server".
- Login into HC panel as host level and create Public folder database at this path in HC panel My Server :: Mail Stores.
- Then try to create public folder now at this path Tools :: Mail Manager :: Mail Domains :: Public Folders :: Add Public Folder, if you face any problem then contact our support department for further help at firstname.lastname@example.org.