Question: How to move HC Master (Web Portal ) portal to new server ?
- Prepare and setup Hosting Controller on the new Master ( Web Portal Machine) in the existing HC cluster.
- Copy ServerSetting.xml file located in C:\Program Files\HostingController\INI and paste into new master machine at same location.
- Open HC Database Table tbluserprop and replace the new master server IP address in field with name "MasterServer"
- Open HC Database Table tblServers set IsMaster value = False for existing Master machine, and Set it True for new Master machine.
- On existing HC master machine go to registry path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HostingController\General and set value in Dword value "MasterServer" = 0 (Dont make changes in MasterServerIP key)
- On new HC master Server machine go to registry path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HostingController\General create new Dword (32) value with name " MasterServer and set its value = 1
- Restart HC services on all machines added in the cluster.
Note: Ignore point # 2 if you are using HC9.10 or later version.